Sunday, June 29, 2008

Why can't I have some crazy rich aunt?

In preparation for the move that David and I will be doing in roughly 9 months, I have been doing research.

P.O.D.S they sounded perfect. They drop it off you pack it up they transport it across country and will even store it. They will do all of that for $4600. I am sure the guy that was giving me a quote must've had a laugh because I actually did start coughing when he gave me the total. I didn't even ask about the AAA discount because I am sure that it is 10% which is nice but David and I will need to also pay for first and last months.

Penske they are probably the route we will go. They have a discount for AAA members and it's like $1600 for a truck. Of course we will have to take into consideration gas and hotels and all of that nonsense. Whatever...we will be on our way to Seattle so I really couldn't care less!

In discussing this matter with my parents Santa Barbara pointed out that all of the furniture that is in our apartment is hand me downs. She then said "I am sure you will get money for the Wedding so why don't you use that to buy all new furniture."

I am not a big shopper. In fact I feel I am a let down to my entire sex because I did not get that shopping gene. Something in me snapped! I immediately started dreaming of the looks of the apartment in Seattle. Something sophisticated, classic, and most importantly drop dead gorgeous.

So all this morning I have been online looking at furniture. I am almost certain David doesn't care as long as he is comfortable. Now my love has always wanted a recliner. I haven't wanted to put one in our place because I don't like the way they look. That is until I saw the Charlotte on the La-Z-Boy website. It is the perfect compromise. It's a recliner but totally doesn't look like one. So David gets his recliner and I get the look of the room I am going for. Now the only thing that frightens me is the price. They don't have them listed on the website. That makes me worry.

Santa Barbara told me to go ahead and invest in that furniture because it would be better than buying a new couch from Ikea every couple of years.

So I have chosen out the living room furniture. All the colors are black and grays. I love that they are neutral without being "Beige." So now I am really looking forward to moving because I can't wait to redecorate. Oh and they have the most adorable prints at La-Z-Boy. They have one with little boats and then there's one with little crabs and shells. So perfect for a little cottage on the beach!

Now on to the bedroom!!!!!!!

2 comments:

davidcgarcia.com said...

Recliner! YEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH BOOOOYYYYYEEEEEEE!!!!

Retainer Girl said...

*Always* get recliners from La-Z-Boy. My dad insists on having one, and they are always classy looking.

As for the other stuff, stressful, yes, but you'll be in SEATTLE, not FREdERICKSBURG. Sooo much better.