Sunday, June 8, 2008

Ring Shopping

I had yesterday off, which is a rare occurrence because I work at Best Buy. Having a Saturday off in the retail industry is unheard of. Having all day off yesterday David and I decided to be productive. We went and looked at rings.

So pretty...so sparkly...I wanted to give them all a good home. I must've looked at a thousand rings before I found it. It's so pretty. I want to wear it now!!!! I however have to wait 89 more days until I can wear it forever!

Now as any girl does when she gets engaged you spend all your waking time thinking and daydreaming what you want your wedding ring to look like. Hell I even dreamt what I wanted my ring to look like. I have been on countless websites looking at the different rings out there and nothing really screamed "I'm yours take me home!" Sure they were all pretty in their own ways. Everything was just too commercial.

Now those that may not know me all that well may not know this...but I have been described as an "unusual girl" on many many many occasions. I have also had a friend tell me point blank that they had no idea how to deal with me because they had never met someone like me before. I'm just me. I am who I am. So you could possibly maybe now understand why I was having a hard time finding a ring that seemed to suit me.

I found it though. As a matter of fact all three of us David, myself, and the woman working in the jewelry counter agreed that that was a perfect fit. It was like as soon as I slipped it on my finger the clouds parted and little angels came down from heaven and started serenading us with music that is usually saved for people who find the Holy Grail.

It's lovely. It's simple, elegant and not too flashy. It's white gold with little baby diamonds around the top and bottom of the ring. I love it. I want it now!

We even found David's ring. He actually tried on several different rings before we found his. He really liked his as well. So we told the lady to write down the information and that we would be back later on that week to purchase the rings.

Then we left and last night I just kept thinking about my beautiful ring and how sad it must be to be left in the store and not worn on my finger. 89 more days though...Then like David the ring will officially be mine forever!

2 comments:

Retainer Girl said...

Oooh, exciting! Can you find a picture online and post it so we can see what it looks like?

BlondeJustice said...

Yes please post a picture!!!! YAY!!!