Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Simply put...Dina Lohan is a horrible mother.

Like I said in my first blog, Dina Lohan is first on my list. As an avid reader of perezhilton.com I often read about Mrs.Lohan. I thought "Hey Perez, maybe you can be a little harsh on Orange Oprah or aka Dina Lohan." I also thought about how hard it must be to be a single mother.

When I heard that they were getting their own show I thought to myself, this was her chance to set the record straight. Everyone talks about what a horrible mother she is. While I do know that children will ultimately do what they want, she has to share in the blame of the sadness that is the life of the Lohan children.

Case in point...I caught the last half of the "reality" show called Living La Lohan or as I am now referring to it as "Child Protective Services Exhibit E." Get it? It's because it's on Channel E! I digress, I watched it because there was nothing else on. None of my old standbys Friends, Frasier, Will & Grace, Everyone Loves Raymond, or The Golden Girls. So I watched it.

I grew up with a wonderful mom. Her name is Barbara. If she were a Saint in Spanish she would be Santa Barbara. Now she wasn't an overwhelmingly devoted mother. She did a good job because she was the perfect balanced. Nurturing and better figure it out for yourself. Loving and I will not always be here to save you. What a mother should be.

My father was a damn good father as well. Help fight my battles but also kick me in the tail when I needed it. Again my parents were awesome. Wait they still are awesome. I love my parents.

Damn again I digress... I watched the episode that aired on Sunday and was disgusted. Dina Lohan had the perfect opportunity to show people that we are all to quick to judge. Alas she failed.

I don't know how many of you saw it but here's a run down on what happened. First her 13 year old daughter Ali (I don't know if that is the correct age or the correct spelling nor do I care because it's not Lindsay) had to beg her not to wear an outfit because it was so sheer you would've seen everything. Then she goes out to like some party or club and is like that woman you see at every bar/club desperately clinging onto what's left of her youth.

Meanwhile...the kids come home from like the mall or something only to find out (after a call to 911) there was an electrical fire. While the kids were waiting for the fire department to come they try calling their mother. She never answered her phone. Nor could they leave a message because her mailbox was full. They finally get through to her by calling the driver. He then tells her what is going on. She calls her kids and they say "We are fine but we need to get an electrician out her now."

Dina Lohan gets off the phone and tells her friends what happened and continues to party. Nice. No wonder Lindsay lives on the opposite side of the country. So this is why I think she is a horrible mother. Her house was on fire and it still wasn't enough to take her away from the party. That's really lame. When I was little I got scared and convinced my brother that a black widow was in our house. My parents were having dinner at the Officers Club. They dropped everything and came home. And that was just a spider which as it turned out was just a Daddy Long legs. I was like 5 when this happened.

I know I can't be the only one who feels this way. It made me very sad. It made me want to share Santa Barbara and Santa Mel with the Lohan kids. So they could know what it's like to have a loving family.

I'm not saying she doesn't love her kids. I am being a little melodramatic by calling her a bad mother. I just saying stop partying and watch after your children. You already had one that went to the dark side. I only hope it doesn't happen again.

2 comments:

Retainer Girl said...

I've only seen commercials for the show, and she disgusts me. Seriously. Hell rains down on Britney, but Dina is allowed to keep her kids? Um, no. (Not that I'm a Britney fan, I'm just sayin'.)

davidcgarcia.com said...

I really beleive that some people should be sterilized. I'm not saying that as an exaggeration. I mean it. I think the government should have the right to decide to have people sterilized. True story.