Thursday, June 12, 2008

David's Bridal for David's Bride

So today was my day off. I am getting close to crunch time so I no longer have "days off" they are now days to do Wedding stuff. It's all good because I love every minute of it.

Today I needed to go get my Catholic/Day Wedding dress. It will also double as my party gown at the Reception. Katie and Olivia I am sure you will love it! Now my formal "Evening" dress is long and looks very 1930's. I named it Lydia. I have a thing about naming things. My Catholic/Day/Party Wedding gown is name Carrie. My mother kept telling me that it was very Sex and the City. My mother Santa Barbara mind you has never seen SATC. It's way to graphic and raunchy for her. But that's what she decided it reminded her of.

The original dress I was looking at was actually a Bridesmaid dress. When I tried it on I thought this is nice. Very simple very classic. Nope...not meant to be. I was going to have to special order it. It would arrive September 3rd which wouldn't do me any good because...the Catholic ceremony is August 30th. Hmm...

So I went and looked at Wedding Gowns. I was convinced I wouldn't find anything I was looking for. But I found it. I tried it on and I thought Wow!!!! My mom loved it. The lady at David's Bridal loved it. It was that simple.

I also picked out my shoes and the Bridesmaid shoes. Then I tried on my veil.

Now my mom has been very good during this whole process. She hasn't cried once. I was looking at Veils and put one on. I put it over my face and my mom looked at me and jokingly made a crying face. Then she started crying for real. I didn't know what to do? Do you know we couldn't find any tissue anywhere? Until we left.

Side note...Ladies let me tell you, even though I was in street clothes there's something about a veil. Best accessory ever!

All in all it was a good day. I still need to get my under roos. But everything is falling into place. I made up my mind to go with the flow and its worked out. You just have to let everything go. I mean had I been able to get that first dress I wouldn't have tried on the "Carrie." It's way better, way prettier, and way more Bride like. That's my advice to everyone. Have a long engagement and just go with the flow. My cousin gave my brother this advice at his rehearsal. "When all is said and done at the end of the day you will be married." And that really is all that matters. I will be spending the rest of my days with the love of my life.

And two think two years ago I couldn't even get up the courage to talk to him. So I watched him from afar. And now? He will be Mr. Megan Cochran. Hehehehehe...

2 comments:

Retainer Girl said...

Exciting! I can't wait to see pictures!!

BlondeJustice said...

I can't wait to see the dress in person. Yay! Weddings!