Sunday, July 18, 2010

So tired

So last Friday I decided to step back into my past and attend at techno night that some of my friends were spinning at. I have now realized I have grown out of this scene. And for once I am not just talking about my size. Somehow I grew up...when this happened I don't know. Maybe it was August 30, 2008 (when I got married) or maybe it was June 30, 2009(when I had my baby removed.) When it happened I don't know but it did happen none the less.

I enjoyed going out because sometimes I think to myself "I need out!" So it was fun to go out and hang out with one of my best friends. Dear Jessie, We live 20 minutes away from each other and never hang out...Let's change this! Anyhoo...First time we have hung out and listened to techno music since like 1999. Well we are married, she has two kids and I have the Turtle. We tried to dance and only succeeded at it for one minute. We used to dance for HOURS. Also another reason I know I'm old is because I was really annoyed at having to say "WHAT?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU! THE MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!"

Another example of me being old is what time I went home. Now mind you this former party kid didn't stop partying until the sun had been up and most people had already eaten their breakfast and mowed their lawn. I was always one of the last to pass out. My father had always said..."Nothing good happens after midnight." I always argued saying that's when the party starts. What time did I call my husband to come pick me up? 11:40. Yep...I'm a pumpkin. Also notice I wrote "What time did I call my husband to pick me up?" Yeah that's another thing...I had a DD.

So while it was nice to see some people I hadn't seen in years, there is some truth to the whole "You can't go home..." It's a little bittersweet. I always kinda had this Peter Pan complex. Now I'm a wife and a mother. I prefer wine to beer. My cooking to McDonalds. Kybecca to The Tavern. And most nights being home with my family then out with my friends.

I write that now but if you call me on Friday I might just ditch my kid and husband and go out!


No comments: