Thursday, August 13, 2009

seeeeew....

My Mom is going to give me her old sewing machine. Holla!!!! I am on a mission to teach myself how to sew. I always have ideas for designs, but alas I have no way to make these creations. I'm really excited! I plan on making a ton of shifts and then once I get really good, I'm going to make all sorts of vintage inspired pieces.

Now I've only made two things on a sewing machine my whole life. A pair of shorts that turned out horribly. That was in the eighth grade and while I already had a love of fashion, I wasn't really interested in learning how to sew.

Then when I was 20 I decided I wanted to make a top for myself to wear. It was really cute. It was a halter style. I wore it a lot. It turned out really well.

So we shall see. I can't wait!!!! I have fallen in love with dresses because it's so nice to just throw on something without really thinking about it. I want to have a closet full of dresses!!!! I will have to post pictures of my creations.

No comments: