Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day One...


Look at that couple. I know I know we are so good looking it hurts to look directly at us. This picture was taken on our Honeymoon in front of The real House of Seven Gables in Salem. Believe it or not I think we can actually look better. I mean Angelina and Brad will be hating on us! So my hubby and I are going on a diet and training to run a marathon by our Turtles first birthday.
I have in my shopping cart on Amazon South Beach Books. Come on payday!!! I am going to get the original South Beach Diet Book, the receipe guide plus the reference guide. It's neat it comes complete with grocery lists.


As many couples do David and I have put on weight since we got together. Thanks to my addiction to fast food. Neither one of us really likes eating junk food but we sure do A LOT! I have said to David that I do not want to become like Roseanne and Dan! So much so that I am printing out a picture of them and putting it on the fridge. Also now that we have Turtle I do not want him to be chubby like I was. Plus hello! Diabetes runs on both sides of the family.


Why South Beach you ask? Well a couple of years ago my Mom, Dad and I went on it. It was before my brother's wedding and we wanted to look good. I lasted a week because I'm lazy. In that first week however I lost my sweet tooth (which was amazing) and 6 pounds. My parents stayed on it for awhile and they lost a lot of weight. Then they fell off of it. You know what? They haven't gained all of their weight back.


It's really not that hard. I mean the first two weeks is because it's very restrictive. The receipes are good and easy. So we shall see how it goes.


I am going to get on the treadmill as we speak and walk for ten minutes. Baby steps. I am completely out of shape. So I am starting out small and walking on the treadmill at an easy pace. I did just have surgery afterall. When I was a party kid I would go out and dance at least once a week. It was awesome cardio! I should do that again except not get into the drinking.


Nursing Turtle is helping the weight come off plus drastically increased my water drinking. Sweet!!! My skin is going to look gooooooood!!!!! I'm obesessed with my complexion even though I've never had an acne problem. Hydration hydration hydration!!!!


We don't have a scale but pounds don't really matter to me because I am going to go by how I look. I weighed 140 lbs when I was 22 and looked damn good, but I think I can do better this time around.


So here we go!

3 comments:

Doll Face said...

So, awesome job thinking about dieting so soon after you had a baby. It's easy to be so caught up in everything else (isn't it crazy hoe the hubby seems to take more work than a newborn, or is that just mine?) that you leave thinking about your health/weight way down on the list (really? who know something so tiny could crap so often and with such volume!).

I always hated it when other moms would tell me about their mommy experiences, but I'm gonna do it anyway: I'd never been one of those skinny gals, but was always solid, not flabby, and had no problem with my figure, and after I gave birth I didn't really feel huge and gross, but I knew that the pounds I had put on in the 5 years since I had married needed to be addressed, so I started Weight Watchers. I wasn't going to meetings or anything, just counting my points ( i figured out how many I was supposed to get from a friend, and added the 8 additional points a day for a nursing mama) and I also took my bundle of joy out for two 30 minute walks a day. It worked like a charm, and I lost so much weight that I was smaller than before I was married. Anyway, good job, you'll do awesome!!

Unknown said...

I hope so!

Retainer Girl said...

I'm proud of you for deciding to get fit and healthy! The South Beach diet is great; I reaped the benefits when I lived with my parents a few years ago. My mom said the hardest thing was buying all of the fresh food--it was expensive, but the recipes were delish.

Good luck!