Friday, July 25, 2008

The life of training a husband

So first of all I am not one of those "Wives" meaning a. I'm not a wife yet and b. I'm not trying to change David or even train him like a dog. I don't want to do either I really don't. Well that's not true I wouldn't change David except for a few minor details, close the cabinet doors, don't leave the toilet lid up, wipe up after you spill something, and rinse your plate don't just set it in the sink. You know normal things wives nag their husbands to do.

Last night David and I were sitting at the table eating our dinner. I am turning more and more into Santa Barbara each day because instead of watching t.v. I would prefer to talk. Those of you (well all four of you who read my blog) who know David (again the four of you who read my blog) know that this isn't hard to do. As a matter of fact I must write the creators of Patapon because that is the only time David stops talking and I can watch Martha in peace. That's an exaggeration but David does talk a lot.

So there David and I are enjoying our Primavera (yum!) and we were talking about getting old. I said something to David along the lines " Oh great I can see it now I will finally get you to start putting the toilet lid down and then bam! You won't remember because you'll be old and suffering from Alzheimer's." Well David found this really funny and told me I was a clever girl.

I said it as a joke, but I kind of meant it. I really think it will take me a good 60 years to get him to put the lid down and close the cabinet doors. Then I will get about a year when I don't have to nag, we will walk into the doctors office and they will inform David he has Alzheimer's. Oh man! I think I would give David permission to take a hot twenty something girlfriend so she could deal with it and I will just go spend all my time playing Bingo.

1 comment:

Retainer Girl said...

Well, it's good you have a back-up plan...