Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Just another Tuesday...









So yesterday I had a Doctors appointment. I have another one tomorrow. Nothing yet, Lex apparently is in no hurry. So the Doctor said I need to be more active if I want to kick start labor. Today I went window shopping.

I had a nice relaxing day overall. I talked to my Mom who called for her daily update. After we exchange "Hellos" the first thing out of her mouth is "Anything?" my response is always the same. "Nope." We chatted for a little while later and then I made the bed and got ready to go out.

I've been trying really hard not to become the lady who lets herself go. So I got dressed and put on my face and then went to the mall.

I walked around Macy's coveting all the linens and kitchen items that are out of my price range. I want to redo my whole apartment. Lot's of blues, greys, and cremes with dark wood. Le sigh. Oh money.

So when did Fiesta ware become so expensive? $17 for a dinner plate!!!! That's crazy. I was upset. Then I saw such a sweet elderly couple who were still clearly as in love with each other as they were when they first got married in the 1940's. I forgot all about the prices and just smiled and left Macy's. Okay that's not true, first I looked at the Coach and Dooney & Burkes bags. They were 30% off!!!! Thank goodness I do not have a Macy's gift card!

I walked around a little bit more and decided that I had had enough of the mall. I resisted Bath & Body Works and their sale. Also it's depressing to see all the cute summer dresses because I can't buy them. That's the problem with being pregnant. I will hopefully be having this baby any day now so I don't want to buy anymore maternity dresses. Yet I have no idea what my post baby size will be. Grr!!!!

I did get to go shopping thanks to the gift certificate to my favorite downtown store Whittinghams. I love that store yet never buy anything from there. So I got some new place mats, tongs, a meat thermometer and my beloved cow creamer that I have been eyeing for like year now. I did not however get the items I was planning a cheese grater and sugar bowl. Oh well.
By the way...I couldn't figure out how to get my pictures where I wanted them. Oops....
Like I said tomorrow I have another appointment. Then I think I will walk around Pier 1.

2 comments:

Retainer Girl said...

I'm proud of you for window shopping and not actually buying anything. This is not something I can do--I *always* end up buying something.

Unknown said...

It's kinda easy to do when you don't have money. I wish I could get all my money back from the bars I went to. I'd be rich!!!!