Friday, September 30, 2011

My babies

I know most parents think this, but I have to say there's something magical about my children. Maybe it's the innocence in their eyes or their smile when they look at me. I just feel like they are here to do good. Like their so purpose in life is to make the world a better place. People seem to fall in love with them and not in that fake "we have to pretend we like them" way, but an honestly become smitten with them.

I love my children and am so blessed to have them. I never liked kids and wasn't dying to have any. David and I had discussed having kids but it was a if it happens it happens kind of mentality. It's a lot of work having kids. People say that and it's one of those things that you kind just say "Yeah yeah yeah...how hard can it really be?" I had no idea! They are a handful.

Especially Lex because he's two and mobile. Lucy however is really attached to me for some reason. I have to be in her line of sight or else she freaks out. I ran out to pick up dinner for us the other week and when I came home David said that he just calmed her down because she frreaked out as soon as I left. She's giving him a complex. I think she's just a "mommy's girl". I love being a wife and a mom. If anyone had told me what I was in for even six years ago, I would've said you're crazy! I had no idea my life would change so drastically. I guess to put it a different way, I feel like my life started.

I don't want you to get me wrong. I'm not one of those women who is more in love with their children then they are their own husband. My identity isn't as David's wife or Lex and Lucy's mother. I am still me. I still want to be social away from my family. I am thinking of my future which is why I've gone back to school. I've decided that I will continue on to Law School after I complete my degree. I would just say marrying David and having our babies has made me more dimensional. I'm not as superficial as I used to be. However I still judge people by their shoes.

No comments: